4 Foods You Should Never Eat

Brought to you by The Truth About Six Pack Abs

4 Foods to NEVER eat by Mike Geary
Two of these foods (or drink) below, I would NEVER eat all, and the other 2, I would only eat in very small quantities.

If you want to stop struggling with bodyfat, and also have superior health, these foods should be minimized or eliminated.

I’ll explain more…

1. Soy

Despite being heavily marketed and promoted as a “health food” by the multi billion dollar soy industry, this food has more drawbacks than it does benefits. In fact, I would label soymilk, isolated soy protein, and tofu as junk foods.

And don’t even get me started on the excess estrogenic compounds in processed soy…

if you want to increase your belly fat, keep pounding down that soymilk and tofu! A small amount unprocessed soy, such as edamame, is not a big deal… especially if it’s organic.

And small amounts of fermented soy such as tempe and miso are ok too (because the fermentation reduces anti-nutrients in soy)…

but try to minimize/eliminate most other forms of soy…

and that includes soybean oil, which is in almost ALL processed foods, commercial salad dressings, etc.

My comments: I personally use soy milk, almond milk & hemp milk from time to time.

I do this sometimes at smoothie bars because no one offers Raw Milk which is my milk of choice.

If it’s at home Raw Milk is the best base for my Protein Shakes.

Best of all is that it’s ┬ánot processed at all and only has 1 simple ingredient: Milk!

While Soy, Hemp, Almond Milk etc… is touted as healthy it does have questionable ingredients unless you make it yourself (which some people do by the way).

2. Wheat

Most people don’t realize this, but a large % of the total population has at least some degree of intolerance to digesting wheat… particularly the high gluten content of wheat.

Most people are not full blown Celiacs (who need to avoid wheat entirely), but the majority of people would find improvements to their health and bodyfat by testing eliminating wheat for several weeks, and taking note of how they feel, look, and their measurements.

I know it’s a hard thing to do since a HUGE portion of the modern western diet is made from wheat products, but I’ve found it’s quite easy to do at home once you get used to it.

Dining out is a different story.

Personally, I choose to almost entirely avoid wheat in all of my meals at home.

I only dine out occasionally, or on vacations, so that’s the only time when I eat wheat.

My comments: I fall smack right into this this club and need to avoid wheat as much as I can. Too bad for me that I love bread and I also love penne pasta with pesto sauce! I also love a good steak so I guess things balance out :)

Most tests I’ve taken show that I am gluten intolerant which is why I have to avoid wheat as much as possible.

I found this out using the ALCAT TEST

You can also simply avoid wheat for a few weeks and see how you feel.

3. Soda or sweetened drinks (including commercial juices)

This is one that I personally choose to NEVER consume!

Even on cheat days, vacations, or dining out, I think this stuff is pure evil enough to never even touch.

If you care about your body at all, there’s just no reason to consume soda in any amount.

It’s pure sugar (or worse, high fructose corn syrup), has ZERO nutrition, and has many other issues related to the additives, acids, etc.

In addition, the consumption of this calorically-dense but nutritionally-absent liquid actually makes your body crave more food, because you consumed calories without consuming any nutrients.

It also spikes your blood sugar out of whack causing wild blood sugar swings and additional cravings.

I’m always amazed how many people tell me that they are desperately trying to lose wt, but yet I see them drinking a soda.

I don’t get it.

4. Anything deep fried (or anything with trans fats)

You would think the entire population should know by now how dangerous consuming trans fats really is… yet people ignore these dangers and scarf down deep fried foods like french fries, corn chips, and donuts every day.

If you study some of the biochemical reactions that take place in the body of humans after consuming trans fats, you would realize this is essentially a poison.

It’s not a poison that’s going to kill you immediately, but it’s a poison that causes inflammation throughout the body, and even detrimentally affects all of your cell membranes (remember from bio101 that your cell membranes need fats for their composition, and trans fats disrupt healthy cell membranes).

I’ve found that if I can get people to view trans fats as the true POISON that they really are, they finally realize the importance of avoiding them ENTIRELY… and to stop poisoning their kids too by allowing them to eat deep fried foods (especially important for kids to avoid trans fats since it can impair development)

Programs I’m Partnered with & Highly Recommend

Complimentary Fitness Tracking Software

Truth About Six Pack Abs

The Fat Burning Kitchen

Pro Grade Supplements

Order any of these products and you get the entire NGN Program Free!

A $97.00 Dollar Value!

Simply email your receipt to support@virgilaponte.com

1. Jay
    January 31st, 2010 at 08:23 | #1

I agree with everything except for the wheat part. But I’m a bit biased because I’m a HUGE whole grain products fan and to me personnally, I always feel great after eating it. The fiber in it is quite important if you want to lose weight, but I guess if you do have an intolerance then it just isn’t for you.
    I’m also not sure about the soy part, but yes, there are a lot of studies that demonstrate some of the not so good sides of soy.
    Thanks
    Jay

2. admin
    January 31st, 2010 at 09:52 | #2

Thanks for sharing Jay

Most people find it hard when I say to stay away from wheat. The thing is most people don’t know whether ther are intolerant or not.

I know through testing via the alcat blood test.

Most wheat products are also just way over processed especially breads, cereals and pasta.

And vegables are a much better source of fiber than most wheat products :)

But as you mentioned the key is finding what works best for you. If you feel better eating wheat based products then that it all that really matters. :)

3. Faith
    February 3rd, 2010 at 05:09 | #3

Yes i heard that soy milk has casenogenic (please check spelling) properties. I do like using it as a moo milk substitute. I lost a few kilo’s after doing so for a few months. I personally don’t like too much bread but soy, wheat and rice conbination in certain proportions creates a great amino acid brekky! Not very flavoursome, slightly bitter but obviously… muscle building food!!!
    I hate getting a kick out of sugar and transfat food. Like wheat, I get physically and mentally low on sugar and fast foods. It so bad, bad, bad…

4. Denise
    May 29th, 2010 at 03:03 | #4

I am disturbed to hear what you have to say about Soya as i am allergic to Dairy products and I use Soya milk in cereal, and tea. I also eat alot of Soya yogurts. I am not a confirmed Coeliac but results from the hospital intolerance test would suggest to stay away from all wheat products and dairy products. The dairy has been an issue since i was a baby, however I only cut it out completely in the last 6 years. My nephew is nearly 4 and has severe reactions to dairy if consumed, even if it is hidden in crisps for example. I am 38 next month and would be happy with any advice you have on this area. At 33 a dexie scan showed a bone density of a 55yr old and they put it down to mal absorbtion of micro-nutrients in food. Since i stay away from milk and wheat now my entire system has improved, but what do you suggest about the Soya. ps, two kids later, 12 & 7 i have no tummy so maybe the soya doesn’t affect all in the same way or is it something I will have to deal with in the future?
    Denise

5. admin
    May 29th, 2010 at 08:45 | #5

Hey Denise

If you are allergic to dairy then by all means stay away. And if soy works for you then stick with it. I personally don’t eat soy or soy products regularly but do love tofu. But that’s just me. I’m also fine with raw milk and believe that the big problem with milk is when it’s highly processed & comes from sick animals. The key is to keep learning and stick to what works for you.

Virgil :)

6. Cherri
    June 2nd, 2010 at 11:36 | #6

@Denise
    Perhaps you won’t have an adverse reaction to raw milk. Pasteurization causes milk to be indigestible. It just completely changes it to a non-food.

7. Dan
    August 23rd, 2010 at 12:02 | #7

Question- In Japan, where I spent 10 years, they eat gobs of rice and tofu everyday and don’t get fat. Please explain.

8. admin
    August 23rd, 2010 at 14:18 | #8

I would agree that rice is okay. Especially brown rice. But gobs of processed white rice & tofu is not the typical Japanese diet. They also eat plenty fish, meat and vegetables. And there is also Obesity in Japan when there is too much processed food.

9. K R
    October 26th, 2010 at 05:56 | #9

Gluten, not just wheat, is horrible for everyone! Some can take it more than others, but ALL will benefit from eliminating it from their diet. Wheat grass is the only good thing that comes out of wheat. Wheat Grass is the grass that grows out of the GRAIN, and it is the GRAIN that is bad. Sprouting really doesn’t make a difference or make wheat or barley or any of the other gluten grains any healthier or contain less gluten.

With that being said, if you love Penne, have you tried Tinkyada brand rice noodles? They are AWESOME!! And Wal-Mart now carries them. They are usually in a purple and gold bag with a picture of a rabbit, I believe. They are soy, corn and flax free. I made some pasta with grass fed ground beef, my own homemade organic pasta sauce and the rice noodles and fed it to friends and family–they loved it, ate a ton of it and didn’t even know the difference!

And I hear Udi’s gluten free bread is outstanding! I haven’t tried it yet. I was absolutely OBSESSED with bread and decided to give it up for a year. It was hard the first couple of months but after a year, I surprisingly found that I really didn’t miss it. Maybe if I decide to make some burgers, I’ll try Udi’s and report back.

10. admin
    October 26th, 2010 at 15:41 | #10

Excellent post KR.

Thanks!

I will give the Tinkyada!

11. andy
    February 17th, 2011 at 11:05 | #11

is mcdonalds bad for u

12. Rob
    February 18th, 2011 at 04:41 | #12

Curious what your opinion is on diet soda (which contains zero calories) and other juices with low-to-no calories.

13. Felix
    March 18th, 2011 at 09:30 | #13

Where’s your emperical evidence that HSCS is any worse than cane sugar? Is that some where in the man caused “Global Warming” study?

14. Esmiee
    June 26th, 2011 at 12:58 | #14

This is stupid! I don’t want to ruin the Food pyrimed!

15. Esmiee
    June 26th, 2011 at 12:59 | #15

soda’s YUMMY to my kids!

16. Esmiee
    June 26th, 2011 at 13:00 | #16

ohhhh YES

17. jimmy gambler
    August 13th, 2011 at 16:13 | #17

I have amazing abs and the 80% of protein in my diet comes from organic soy milk and tofu. It works for me, people are different and I have not exactly grown a vagina just yet!

18. Megan
    August 17th, 2011 at 01:46 | #18

Hi.

You mentioned that there are questionable ingredients in not only Soy milk, but Almond and Hemp milkd as well. Would you mind elaborating?

19. Cheesus
    April 5th, 2012 at 07:30 | #19

You should never drink milk, protein shakes or eat any meat because they contain too much protein which causes coronary heart disease and clogging of the arteries.

1. No trackbacks yet.